Sunday 18 December 2011

#3 of my 12

#3 was the wedding shawl, and it's finally finished. I give it to my friend tomorrow, I can't wait to see her face. I actually finished it two days ago, but I've been busy since then. I fly to my parents for Christmas tomorrow, so I've been trying to get everything around the house sorted before I go. Writing this post is me relaxing.

Here is a photo of the finished shawl:

And a photo of the ruffle. I'm actually quite proud of the ruffle. I unpicked the first 7 rows of it and redid it as I wasn't happy with how it was turning out. It's somewhat painful to unpick rows which are nearly 1000 stitches long, and definitely added a few hours to the project.


Yay for one more project finished and out of the house :)

2 comments:

  1. Whoop! Go you. That thing has taken you ages so well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks stunning - my congrats for completing the casting off (And the rest of it, too!). Your first lace project rocks!!

    ReplyDelete