Monday 16 April 2012

Things I've realised about myself recently.

I've being doing a bit of reflection lately, not intentionally, it's just happened.
This is what I've come up with.


  • I like salmon, I just don't like the tinned stuff with bones in it. But splurging every now and then on fresh salmon, baking it wrapped in tinfoil with lemon juice is delicious. 
  • I like making quiche, it's a fantastic lunch and great for using up leftovers. I've found a perfect base recipe (4 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup SR flour plus seasonings) then I add whatever I have on hand. 
  • I love the blue ceramic pie dish an aunty gave me for my birthday 2 years ago, which I'd barely used until I discovered the above quiche recipe. It't the perfect size and looks good. 
  • It is easier to eat healthily for myself when I'm trying to feed a nearly 8 month old healthy food. 
  • Menu planning is my friend. It means not staring into the fridge/freezer/pantry wondering what to cook for dinner and either having a throw together meal that is light on veges (mac n cheese or similar), not having dinner till really late (not practical with small child) or having takeaways (not good for wallet or waistline).
  • I am not a tidy person by nature, but I like being tidy and organised, it just seems far too much effort for me sometimes. Then as soon as one day goes by without things being done, it's all downhill from there. Still trying to de-clutter, find homes for everything and work out a system that works for me. 
  • If I think I'm running late, I start to stress, which leaves me frazzled with a headache. 
  • I like the look of a washing line or airing rack with cloth nappies drying on it. I love my cloth nappies. 
  • I need a space which is mine to work in. I like crafting with others around me, but sometimes I just want to hide away and focus on what I'm working on. 
  • I'm not a monogamous crafter, but sometimes I think I take my poly nature to extremes. At last count there are over 60 unfinished or intended projects on my list. I probably should finish some of them and get the list smaller. 
Some of those thoughts are random, like the salmon. Some are actually useful, like knowing I stress when I'm running late. Means I can try and work out ways of making life easier. 
As for the crafting, well, I don't see that changing anytime soon. But I really should finish some projects (and not start new ones), knock the list down a bit, maybe keep it under 50 projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment