Monday 22 October 2012

Day 22: Knitting

It's been a few days since my last post. I've been busy and out of cellphone range.
I did do project work on Friday (19th). I finished the trackpants for my husband and I finished the blue paneled skirt for myself. I also had a screaming child for a good chunk of the day. The only reason I managed to get packed and load the car for our weekend away was because a friend came over and helped me.

I spent the weekend at the Wellington Folk Festival. It was amazing!!! I want to write a whole blog post about it, but not tonight, as I'm too tired. I spent the morning packing up a campsite, and helping someone else with theirs. Then came home and tidied the house as we had people coming over. Good exercise however.

I didn't do much project work on the weekend, I forgot the right size needles for one project and the yarn for another. Plus I didn't feel like sewing, which was the other project I had with me. So I listened to music, sang, ate, squelched through mud in my new gumboots and generally had a good time.

I did manage to do another two rows on the baby blanket today. I'm less than 20 rows from finishing it, and am determined to complete it this month. I have enough yarn left on the ball to knit another row or two. When I dropped a friend home after gaming I got to raid her yarn stash, and have acquired enough to finish this blanket, plus knit another 6, possibly more. Which is good. I like knitting the blankets, as it's a nice project to sit on the couch with. I also got a couple of skeins I'm not sure what I'll do with yet, one of which is a lovely tangled mess I need to sort out. There was also a brightly coloured skein of sock yarn, which is getting turned into socks for my husband's aunty as her Christmas present. I'll need to get started on those next month. But having the yarn is good. There was also the custom dyed yarn that arrived in the mail as I left on Friday.

But more tomorrow, or else I'll sit here all night rambling. Sleep calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment