Tuesday 23 October 2012

Day 23: Knitting

I nearly have another finished project. The baby blanket has been cast off. I ended up doing 12 rows in a different colour when I ran out of the charcoal, a nice blue that I got given. So two pattern repeats and the 4 edgings rows. All up it used about 140g of 8 ply wool. I still need to weave in the ends, but I'm so close to finished. That means I currently have 3 projects that are nearly finished. My goal is to finish those 3 projects and at least one other by the end of the month. 

I really enjoyed knitting this project. It was brainless to knit, but because it was basket weave it wasn't boring to knit. A friend who's just gone through her stash has give me a whole bunch of 8 ply wool in various colours to turn into more baby blankets. I'm thinking I may get a set of needles just for knitting them up so that I can always have one on the go. That said, I used 5mm needles, and I don't think I use them that much for other things, so I'll probably just use what I've got and only get another pair if I actually need them. That is one advantage of using interchangeables, I can just take the tips off if I need them for another project. I also like that I'm doing some charity knitting. I'm really wanting to cast on another blanket, but I'll see if I can restrain myself until the end of the month. I do have a hat I have to cast on, just need to confirm the pattern Then there are the other two projects I want to cast on and have the yarn for. One of which the yarn was a custom dye order. It's sitting there pleading with me to start using it. I just keep reminding myself, not till the end of the month, not till I've completed 4 more projects......

No comments:

Post a Comment