Thursday 4 October 2012

Day Four: Knitting and Cross Stitch

I'm after some gratification today. Yes, I can see the progress I'm making on the blanket, but it is still going to take me awhile to finish. So I'm casting on the second hand warmer of a pair. It'll only take me a day or two, so it's an easy win. Plus it almost feels like starting a new project as I'm casting something on....


As you can see, I got a good way through, about 2/3 of the way, which is a good feeling. I also managed another 6 rows on the baby blanket, so continued progress on that. 

I'm going up to my mother-in-laws for the weekend, so I thought I would take a more complex project with me, cross stitch. So today I scanned and photo copied one of my patterns, and marked with a highlighter how much of it I'd done, all ready to be worked on. I never used to mark where I was, but given they get put down for longer periods of time now, I figure marking what I've done will make it easier to pick up, meaning less overall time to do the project, which is a win as far as I'm concerned. 

I like starting new projects, I'm shocking at finishing them. The last two things I knitted my best mate got given to her with the buttons not attached. The socks I gave my mother-in-law on the weekend, I finished knitting them a month ago. It only took me 5 min to weave the ends in, but I just hadn't got around to it. I am probably going to start new projects this month, even though I know I shouldn't. However, I'm not allowed to start any new projects until I have finished one. That isn't a 'finish one project and start as many as I like', it's a 'for every project I finish I am allowed to start a new project'. I am intending to finish more than I start. I'd like to at least get down to the long term projects. Which is most of the cross stitch ones and the tumbling blocks quilt for myself. Now, I'm not saying that I'm going to finish all the other projects this month. I don't think I have enough hours free to do that, but it's the end goal. Actually, that's the mid term goal, the long term goal is to finish all the big projects too.

No comments:

Post a Comment