Tuesday 9 October 2012

Day Nine: Knitting and Cross Stitch

It seems that knitting really is my 'go to' craft currently. I think because it's easy to pick up and put down, it lives well on the back of the couch and Guinevere usually brings back the ball of yarn she's wandered off with.  I suspect I've also been doing if for so long that I can watch Guinevere and interact with her because I don't have to pay much attention to the knitting.

I was tempted to do more knitting while Guinevere had her nap, but instead I got out my cross stitch. I did check my epic list of unfinished projects to see which ones would take the least time to finish. I'm currently working on Jaliah's birth sampler. I could finish Shakana's first, as I only need to frame that, all the stitching is done. However, given the frames are the same for both of them I decided that I'd finish the stitching on both then frame them both at the same time. I've spent 40 minutes charting the last bit that I need to stitch, her name, birth weight and birth date. I forgot how annoying it is to chart things, having to rub out and re-do to make sure it's all in the right place. I have also managed to finish stitching it. Not quite another project finished, but nearly.

Tomorrow I plan to get both this and Shakana's samplers framed. I've got the frame already, they came with the kits. So close....

No comments:

Post a Comment